Concrete Security Bollards for Airports
Concrete bollards serve many applications for airports, especially counterterrorism and traffic control. Slick Rock's security bollards combine High Performance Concrete (HPC) and pleasing visual textures. This helps airports achieve their security goals without sacrificing on beautification.
- Counterterrorism - Block vehicles from building entrances, hangars and other restricted areas
- Restricted Areas - Protect personnel and equipment from unwanted vehicles
- Parking Lots - Weather-resistant visual cues for drivers
- Traffic Control - Keep pedestrians safe with traffic-controlling concrete bollards
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AIBA)
AIBA asked Slick Rock for something that could block a semi truck but was beautiful. Using one-of-a-kind fiberglass molds, Slick Rock custom-made 39 6’-wide concrete barriers. AIBA uses Slick Rock bollards as a security barrier and resting spot for pedestrians. Meanwhile, the planter aspect adds beautification. More Photos | dwell Feature
Concrete Bollards By Slick Rock
Our Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC) is twice as strong as other pre-cast. Artisan colors provide a natural, high-quality aesthetic that enhances airport projects. Our 64” x 22.75” concrete barricades weigh 5,000 pounds.
- Outperforms pre-cast in flexural, tensile strengths and PSI ratings
- 18 color options and custom colors available
- Solvent-based low-VOC sealer meets ASTM requirements
- Custom size, shapes, logos, and sandblasting/etching available
Care & Maintenance
We think of our pieces as functional art, handcrafted with care. The proper maintenance of concrete barriers is essential to long-term success. Slick Rock asks that its customers not use chemical cleaners on the concrete surfaces. A one-year warranty protects consumers against any product defects, provided proper care and maintenance has occurred.
About Slick Rock
Founded in 2014, Slick Rock’s 15,000 square-foot facility is based in Boerne, Texas. Its customer span the globe, from Europe to the Middle East. Schools, banks, retail centers and more use Slick Rock concrete planters and bollards. Slick Rock products have been featured on Extreme Makeover, House Crashers, I Hate My Bath, and more.